(Updated 1st December 2012)
This website is operated by CMW Equipment Holdings Limited (referred to as "CMW/we/our/us").
The purpose of this statement is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by CMW on this website and/or by using the CMW website generally you consent and agree to this use by us.
CMW does not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use the CMW website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Use of your personal information
Disclosure of your information
How can I be removed from the CMW email newsletters list?
How do I change any details stored on cmwequipment.co.uk?
Changes to Policy
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. When you register and use this site:
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) to register you with our website and to manage any account you hold with us
(b) to administer our website services;
(c) to give to companies and organisations on rare occasions where products are to be direct delivered from one of our suppliers.
(d) to fulfil our agreement with you and to process your order and obtain payment.
(e) to analyse and profile your shopping preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us (i) to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the website and (ii) to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme.
(f) we may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products and/or services which we think will interest you from the information we have.
(g) we may keep you informed of such products and services (including products and services of other companies and organisations and including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods:
(h) To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
3. If you do not wish to receive information of products and services which may be of interest to you from us or carefully chosen third parties, please select the opt-out option where appropriate.
4. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties. In particular we will carry out searches with credit reference agencies.
7. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way. Without limitation to the foregoing, we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority including and not limited to law enforcement agencies in response to a request in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
8. Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
9. We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
(a) to agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
(b) to other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions
(c) to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(d) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
10. We refer in paragraph 4 above to the fact that we may carry out credit reference agency searches to obtain information about you. These agencies record those searches. In addition to the purposes listed above, we may also share information about you and the conduct of your account with credit reference agencies, other lenders and relevant third parties including our legal advisors and debt recovery agencies.
12. We are required to provide you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies which we use on the site and to obtain your consent to the use of the cookies. In order to comply with these requirements we have prepared a cookies policy setting out information about cookies, detailing the cookies we use and providing information on how to manage cookies on your computer.
Managing your cookies
You have different options to manage the cookies on your computer or device. You can change your browser settings to prevent cookies from being accepted, or, depending on which browser you are using, you might be able to receive an alert when a website is trying to place one on your browser. With most browsers you can allow first party cookies to be set but refuse third party cookies.
If you change your cookie preferences, you will still be able to browse around the site but certain functions will not be available, for example you will not be able to place a reservation or a home delivery order, set up a new account or access an existing account. Also, by not allowing cookies, some of our standard functionality will not work, for example deleting certain cookies will remove items from your cart or sign you out of your CMW account. Also, in the shopping cart icon at the top right of the web page, it may appear that you have items in your trolley, although these may actually have been deleted.
Your browsers 'help' menu should tell you how to block cookies or change your cookie settings. How you adjust your browser will depend on the browser you are using.
You can delete cookies stored in your browser by using a function in your browser. Whilst this does not mean you won't collect cookies in the future, it gives you freedom to delete your cookies after you have been online. This function is often known as 'clearing cookies'.
Clearing your cookies on one browser of one device does not automatically clear them on another. You need to clear all browsers on all channels independently.
You can find some helpful information about controlling your cookies on www.aboutcookies.org
14. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
15. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee (see Contact Us)
17. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
18. If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can un-subscribe.
19. To change any of your registered details on cmwequipment.co.uk, click on ‘Log in and enter your login name and password. Once logged in, click on the appropriate section to change any of the details shown and click ‘continue’ to update your details.